Mainland Company Formation In Dubai- Setting Up A Business On The Mainland In The UAE
The United Arab Emirates is a federation of seven states. Dubai, the largest of these states, has become an important hub for corporate headquarters for the entire region. This is thanks to Dubai’s strategic location, high business profile and dynamic economy. This makes it one of the most popular destinations for mainland companies in the UAE: companies from other states who want to setup a business in Dubai.
Mainland company formation in Dubai is the process of registering a company in a country outside of its own. The term “mainland” refers to the country where your company is formed, not where it is based.
Dubai mainland business setup activities and process :
As an international business hub, Dubai offers a wide range of business activities that you can set up. You can choose from the following:
1.Choose your business activity
Sole proprietorship: This is the most common type of business entity in Dubai, and it’s easy to set up and manage. You don’t need any other partners or shareholders, and you’ll be the owner of the company. However, if anything goes wrong with your company, you’ll be responsible for the debts yourself.
Civil Company: If you’re working in a field that requires special licenses or permits for operation (such as medicine), then this type of company would be beneficial. It also gives your employees more protection against personal liability for debts incurred by the business. Civil companies are relatively easy to register but require more paperwork than a sole proprietorship does.
Limited liability company (LLC): An LLC is similar to a civil company but allows investors to write off losses against their personal income tax
Private limited company (PLC): A private limited company (PLC) is a form of limited liability company with shares that can be traded publicly on an exchange. Public companies are subject to public scrutiny and disclosure requirements beyond those required for private companies, which require less disclosure than public companies but still provide some protection from liabilities. Private companies are not listed on an exchange and have no external reporting requirements.
2. Choose a location
Once you’ve decided on the type of business you’d like to start (and whether or not it will require employees), it’s time to find the perfect office space for you. There are several different areas of Dubai where businesses are located, each with its own benefits and drawbacks.
3. Business legal structure
In order for your company registered in Dubai as a legal entity and receive all necessary licenses and permits from government agencies such as the Ministry of Economy (MOE) or Department of Economic Development (DED).
4. Local service agent
When you register your company in Dubai, you’ll need to find a local sponsor or service agent to help guide you through the process. This person will be able to provide valuable advice and assistance as you navigate the registration process.
5. Name your company
Once you’ve found a sponsor/service agent, they’ll help you choose a name for your new company. The name must be approved by the Ministry of Commerce before it can be used on official documents or signage at any locations associated with the business (such as an office space).
6. Register trade name
After naming your company, you’ll need to register it as a trade name with the Dubai Chamber of Commerce & Industry, which will then issue an official certificate confirming that registration has been completed successfully within 30 days (or less). This certificate will state that no other business entity has been registered under this same name within 1 year prior
7. Apply for a mainland trade license
Once your company has been registered, it will take approximately two weeks to process the application for a mainland general trade license. This license allows you to import and export goods and services between the UAE and other countries.
8. Secure your office space
After obtaining your mainland general trade license and completing other necessary procedures, you can now secure office space for your business. There are many options available depending on your budget and requirements including serviced offices or co-working spaces that provide flexible terms according to your needs while offering high levels of comfort at reasonable prices.
9. Apply for relevant visas
Companies that are applying for visas must first submit an application form and supporting documents to their nearest embassy or consulate. With our help, however, you can skip this step altogether by providing all necessary information directly to us so that we may apply on your behalf.
We help with our consultation
Our expert network includes some of the most highly qualified professionals who will guide you through every step of the process until your company is fully operational and ready for business!
Save time and money
By partnering with us, we will take care of all necessary paperwork so that you don’t have to worry about anything except focusing on your core business activities!
Establishing a UAE company is a great way to do business in the Middle East. The country has gained international recognition for its economic progress and social tolerance, making it an ideal place to set up shop.
In fact, there are several benefits of mainland company formation in Dubai that make it an attractive proposition for foreign investors:
- Flexible location: The flexible location and no trade restrictions make it one of the most favorable locations for businesses looking to expand their operations. In addition, with no corporate tax imposed on business profits, it is also an attractive place for companies to establish themselves.
- Huge working scope: Dubai has a diverse economy that includes major industries such as construction, logistics, tourism, and retail. In addition to these sectors, there is also a large service sector with many opportunities for businesses looking to expand their operations. This makes it an ideal location for companies from the UK or other countries that don’t require a specific industry focus.
- Access to lucrative government contracts: Any company that sets up in Dubai has access to lucrative government contracts thanks to its strong ties with the government of Dubai. As well as offering opportunities for international companies looking to expand into new markets, this also gives local businesses an opportunity to gain access to new revenue streams.
- 100% ownership control: Unlike some other jurisdictions where foreign ownership is restricted by law or regulation, there are no such restrictions in Dubai when setting up your company which means you have 100% ownership control over your business affairs and assets at no cost whatsoever!
- Business reputation protection: If a business fails, its owners’ personal assets are protected from creditor claims against them as long as they operate within their legal rights and responsibilities under UAE law.
- Tax savings: A company can be set up as a sole proprietorship or joint-stock company with limited liability. In both cases, the owner(s) are not liable for any debts incurred by the business. The sole proprietorship has no limit on profits or losses while the limited liability company (LLC) limits owners’ liability to their investment in the company.
- Favorable Labor Laws: The labor laws in Dubai are very favorable compared to other countries. The government provides all the necessary facilities for foreigners to work in Dubai and enjoy all the benefits offered by them like free education, free medical care, etc.
- Easy Visa Process: You don’t need any special visa for visiting Dubai or starting a business here; anyone can come here without any hassle and start their business immediately after arrival!
- Secured Environment: There is no lawlessness in this country; everything is maintained under the strict control of the government officials so there won’t be any problems while running your business here!
What is the difference between a mainland, Freezone, and Offshore Company:
There are several differences between a mainland, Freezone, and Offshore:
A Mainland Company is a limited liability company incorporated under the laws of the UAE, but which has its registered office, bank accounts, and place of business outside of any free zone. The main purpose of a Mainland Company is to conduct commercial activities.
A Free Zone Company is a limited liability company incorporated under the laws of the UAE, but which has its own legal personality and its registered office, bank accounts, and place of business located within a free zone. The main purpose of a Free Zone Company is to conduct commercial activities.
An offshore company does not have to be registered with the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MCI). However, it must register with one of the free zones where it will be operating from.
The registration process for an offshore company can take longer than that of a mainland company because there are additional requirements such as having to get approval from the Central Bank of UAE, which may also charge an administrative fee. Additionally, if you want to open an account at any bank in UAE, you will need to go through all these steps again because banks only accept clients who are registered with MCI or any free zone authority in UAE.
Dubai mainland business setup cost:
Dubai mainland company formation cost is a very important factor in the decision-making process. The cost of forming a company in Dubai can vary depending on the type of company and its name.
For example, if you want to form an LLC (Limited Liability Company), it will cost you AED10,000.00 in addition to VAT and other fees. On the other hand, if you want to form a PLC (Public Limited Company) or an LLC with special status, it will cost you AED19,000.00 in addition to VAT and other fees.
The total cost of forming a company in Dubai depends on how many members your company will have as well as what kind of business activities it will be engaged in.
For more queries related to mainland company formation in Dubai, feel free to contact us. we have a business setup expert team who can help you by guiding the process and also help you get a business license ease and faster.