Home > Copyright Registration
WE HELP TO GET
Copyright is a form of protection provided to authors for their original works.
This includes literary, dramatic, musical, and certain other intellectual works.
Copyright protects both published and unpublished works, and it is illegal to use
or reproduce someone else’s copyrighted work without permission.
Copyright registration is important for any business that creates original works, but it’s especially critical for those who produce digital content. That’s because the U.A.E.’s Intellectual Property Law (IPL) has a provision that requires all creators and owners of intellectual property to register their ownership with the Ministry of Culture and Information within one month of publication or distribution of their work. Failure to do so may result in significant penalties, including fines and even imprisonment.
LEGAL HOUSE is your one-stop solution for all your copyright registration needs. We have a team of highly skilled and experienced professionals who can help you with all your copyright registration requirements. We provide you with the best services along with an efficient and reliable process.
Copyright registration services that we offer:
Copyright registration services are a valuable service that you can get from us. Copyright registration services can help you ensure that your work is protected and
that you are able to receive compensation for it if someone uses it without your permission.
• Advice on whether or not your work is eligible for copyright protection
• Assistance in registering your work with the UAE. Copyright Office
• Assistance in filing a copyright infringement lawsuit
• Representation at trial if necessary
• Registration as evidence of ownership, validity, and date of creation in court if a dispute arises
• Guide you through the forms and fees required for registration
The United Arab Emirates law protects the creator’s career. Artists must register their copyright in UAE to protect their work from being discredited. The aim of copyright law is to protect the time, effort, and creativity of the original owner.
This law protects authors of works, as well as the owners of related rights, in cases of violation of their rights within the state. The following work can be registered as per copyright law:
• Literary and artistic works
• Cinematographic and photographic works
• Photographic works on microfilm, microfiche, or other similar techniques
• Audio-visual works; sound recordings
• Computer programs, their databases, and other computerized information
• Works of architecture
The copyright registration process
The copyright registration process is fairly simple and straightforward. The Ministry of Economy in the United Arab Emirates has been given the authority to register
intellectual works. An item can be copyrighted if it is an original creation and has not been plagiarized and if it is expressed in the following ways:
The MoE: This is the first place to go if you want to register a copyright for an item that you created in the UAE. The process will take about six (6) to twelve (12) months and requires that you submit a copy of the work along with its description and purpose for use. You will also need to provide proof of ownership, such as an invoice or receipt from when you purchased it or any other relevant documents showing how much it cost; this information must be certified by a notary public or attorney at law.
The UAE Copyright Office can take care of the registration process for you. We will handle the paperwork and send it off to the appropriate government agencies. Once it has been approved by them, we will notify you so that you can start using your new copyright! This option is best suited for those who live outside of the UAE but still wish to register their works here because they have plans on using them commercially within our borders at some point in time in future — either through importation or exportation purposes related directly back towards these same entities which then relate back.
Documents required for copyright registration:
• Application copy
• Copyright work copy
• Passport of a copy author or Emirates ID
• Information about the owner
• Fee payment copy for official confirmation
• Applicant contact details.
Benefits of copyright registration:
Copyright registration is a great way to protect your work, and it has a number of benefits. Here are just a few:
• Creates a Public Record: Your registration will create a public record that anyone can access through the Copyright Office website, which means that other people will know that you have claimed ownership of your work and what it contains.
• Satisfies Deposit Requirements: The Copyright Office requires that you deposit copies of your work with them for certain kinds of registrations. You can satisfy this
requirement by depositing one copy with them if you register online or two copies if you register by mail or fax.
• Evidence of Validity: A copyright registration certificate can be used as proof of the validity of your copyright.
• Statutory Damages and Attorneys’ Fees: If someone infringes on your copyright, you can seek statutory damages and attorneys’ fees in addition to actual damages
• Bringing an Infringement Action: If someone infringes on your copyright, you can bring an infringement action in court and recover statutory damages and attorneys’ fees.
We know you have a lot of options when it comes to protecting your intellectual property. But we want you to know that Legal House is different. We don’t just provide legal services—we partner with our clients and work closely with them to create a strategy that works for their business.
We understand that every industry is different, and we’re here to help you navigate the world of IP rights and make sure that your ideas are protected. That’s why we offer free consultations, so we can get to know your business and figure out how best to serve you.
GET IN TOUCH
Frequently Asked Questions
In Dubai, UAE, works of creative expression such as literary, artistic, musical, and dramatic works, as well as computer software, can be copyrighted.
Copyright registration in Dubai, UAE provides legal evidence of ownership and protects the owner’s rights in case of infringement. It also allows the owner to take legal
action against infringers and seek damages.
The cost of copyright registration in Dubai, UAE varies depending on the type of work and the number of works being registered. The fees can range from a few hundred to a
few thousand dirhams.
No, copyright registration in Dubai, UAE is only valid within the country. However, you can register your copyright internationally through various international copyright
If your copyrighted work is infringed in Dubai, UAE, you should consult with a copyright lawyer to determine the appropriate legal action to take, which may include
sending a cease and desist letter, filing a lawsuit, or seeking damages. Legal House consulting can help you providing all these services in Dubai. Get free consultation today
Yes, in Dubai, UAE, you can register multiple works under a single copyright registration, as long as they are related to each other and fall within the same category of
creative expression, such as a collection of poems or a series of photographs.
Yes, you can make changes to your copyrighted work after registration in Dubai, UAE. However, you will need to submit a new application for registration if the changes are
substantial and affect the original work.
Yes, you can transfer your copyright ownership to someone else in Dubai, UAE through a written agreement. The transfer must be recorded with the UAE Copyright Office
to be legally binding.
Yes, you can use the copyright symbol (C) without registering your copyright in Dubai, UAE. However, the symbol does not provide legal protection and is not a substitute
for copyright registration.
If your copyright registration application is rejected in Dubai, UAE, you will be notified of the reasons for rejection and given an opportunity to make the necessary
corrections and resubmit the application. If the application is still rejected, you may appeal the decision to a higher authority.